How to Get Rid of Nail Ridges?
One of the most common problems faced by people is their nail ridges. Do they go in search of question like how to get rid of nail ridges? So if you are among those people, then follow the given instructions:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat a healthy diet and take multivitamins.
- Intake of food rich in Omega 3 fatty acid is also helpful.
- Keep your fingernails moisturized. Apply Vitamin E oils on the cuticles of your nails to prevent them from getting dry.
- Massage hand cream around your nails.
- Wear gloves when you are using soaps or chemical products for cleaning of your nails.
- Gently buff the ridges away.
- If you want an instant fix of nails, you can use nail ridge fillers.
Types of Nail Ridges:
Nail ridges are of two types; vertical and horizontal. Horizontal ridges may be caused due to some medical illness but the vertical ridges do not cause any serious issue.
Vertical Nail Ridges:
Vertical nail ridges are fairly common and nothing to worry about. These nail ridges extend from the cuticle to the tip of the nail. They often become more prominent with age, possibly due to variations in cell turnover within the nails.
Why do my Nails have Horizontal Ridges?
Horizontal ridges should not be ignored because various internal body disorders may cause this nail condition. Some of the disorders include vitamin deficiency, respiratory diseases, autoimmune diseases, harsh toxins in the body and other infections.
What does Ridge Filler do?
Ridge filler not only makes your nail polish stay longer but it also fills in all the ridges on your nails. Ridge filler is the secret why salon manicures look nicer than when you yourself paint them. These nail ridge fillers give your nails an appealing and even look.
Below is the list of Best Nail Ridge Fillers available in the market.
- LONDONTOWN Kur Fortifying Best Nail Ridge Filler fills any nail irregularities and provides an even nail surface. It is the best because it does not contain any harmful or chemical substances.
- OPI Ridge Filler gives a fine and even finish to your nails. It is a natural product that is highly recommended. It gives strength to your nails and does not come easily.
- Nailtek Foundation Xtra Ridge-filling is the best and ultimate nail ridge filler. It prevents nails from peeling, covers ridges and provides a firm base for nail polish.
- Mavala Base Coat is a highly recommended nail ridge filler. Its quality is unquestionable and results speak for themselves.
- Seche Ridge Filling Base Coat effectively fills ridges and buff marks. It has an incomparable bonding ability. Its attractive quality provides imperfect nails with perfection.
Sally Hansen is the leading mega brand of nail treatment and color that provides best ridge fillers. Sally Hansen provides their customers with four ridge fillers.
- ACI (Bridge the Ridge Nail Treatment)
- ORLY (Ridge filler Primer Basecoat)
- Nail Tek (Foundation 1 Ridge Filler)
- Finger Paints (Smooth Over Ridge Filler)
Fill the Gap Ridge Filler by Essie hydrates aging nails and smoothes deep ridges. It helps to prevent the nails for breakage or brittleness. It creates an ultra smooth base that allows maximum adhesion of nail polish.
Buffing Nails before Polish:
Buffing can help you get rid of your nail ridges, take care of your jagged edges and also promotes nail growth.
Apply a little buffing cream to the nails and then buff in one direction. You can use a traditional buffer. Too much buffing can produce a burning sensation. This technique will smooth the surface and offer a little shine as well.
You should buff your nails before polish because if you do it afterward, you can ruin the paint on your nails. Buffing slightly roughen the surface of your nails. So to give a smooth, even and fine look to the nails, you should apply polish after buffing.
How to Buff Nails Without a Buffer?
If you are in search of a question on how to buff nails without a buffer then you can apply household products or tools. These can also provide you with the same buffing treatment that you can specifically get with the buffer.
- Wrap a strip of 600 grit sandpaper around a triangular makeup sponge.
- Rub the sandpaper back and forth across your fingernails for three to five seconds for each nail.
- The fine-grit sandpaper helps to remove ridges from your nails which increases shine.
- Wrap a piece of velvet around a cotton ball.
- Buff each fingernail with this homemade buffing tool.
- The short pile of velvet continues the smoothing action started by the fine-grit sandpaper.
Oils and Creams for shiny nails:
Instead of buying special manicure oils and creams, use olive or almond oil. It is not diluted with water or alcohol. Don’t apply the oil until you have finished buffing with the fine-grit sandpaper and the velvet.
Benefits of Buffing Nails:
There are many benefits of nail buffing.
- Buffing can increase the blood circulation to the nail bed.
- Buffing off the ridges gives a smoother surface for the polish to adhere to.
- Buffing leaves an attractive sheen to the nails. You don’t need to polish them.
- Buffing encourages the nails to grow due to the improved circulation.
- This procedure also helps to remove surface stains.
Nail Ridges Cure:
If your nails are covered with unhealthy ridges, you can take following measures to cure your nail ridges and for better appearance and improved health.
- Wear gloves to protect your fingernails when you work with chemicals.
- Buff your nails with an emery board and treat your nails gently.
- Apply a hydrating lotion several times a day to moisturize and strengthen your nails.
- Take a vitamin supplement that contains Iron, Zinc, and B-12 because ridges in fingernails are caused by vitamin deficiency. Increasing your intake of key nutrients can help cure the ridges.